Despite the worldwide ramifications of the pandemic, the uncertainty surrounding the recent election, and other day-to-day issues, there is a great deal to thank God these days. Below are 5 examples.
1. Our salvation. Romans 8:1 assures us that, "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus..." Knowing that we possess an eternal home with God, Christ, and countless saints is our greatest blessing. Since nothing (covid-19 included) can separate us from the love of God - Romans 8:39, we should be especially thankful.
2. Our families. Although many families have been negatively impacted by covid-19, the majority of us still have our families intact and healthy. That is a blessing that is hard to beat!
3. Our church family. Although our Sunday School classes are not meeting, most of our of other services continue. Worshipping and studying with beloved brothers and sisters in Christ is a tremendous blessing.
4. Frontline workers. Thank God for the paramedics, nurses, doctors, personal support workers, and others that continue to put everything on the line to help us and protect our health.
5. The internet. Although not everything on the internet is true or Godly, what would we do without it? We communicate, shop, stay informed, look up information, receive education and much more via the World Wide Web. Many are able to work at home via the internet.
The aforementioned things barely scratch the surface of our blessings. Whatever you do during these trying days, make certain to thank God!
Jesus, always Jesus!