1. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IS AIMED PRIMARILY AT THOSE WHO ARE THE MOST RECEPTIVE TO GOD’S WORD – CHILDREN.According to a Barna research study, nearly 50% of those that obey the gospel do so by the age of 15. “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them…” Mark 10:14.
2. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IS A GREAT OUTREACH OPPORTUNITY. On average, over 20% of the children that attend come from unchurched homes. These kids (and their parents) deserve to hear the gospel of Christ. Vacation Bible School gives them that opportunity. “…faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” Rom. 10:17.
3. KIDS LOVE VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. They eagerly anticipate the singing, games, prizes, classes, crafts, snacks and friends. At the same time, they learn more about God’s word, great people of faith (like Daniel) and much more. “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” Prov. 22:6.
4. VBS ALLOWS OUR CHILDREN TO SPEND MORE TIME TOGETHER. As our children grow it is vital that they develop close friendships within the church. Their future faithfulness may depend upon such relationships. “As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend” Pro. 27:17.
5. VBS GIVES ADULTS THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENCOURAGE OUR CHILDREN. Since our children ARE the future of the church, it is imperative that adults provide them with as much attention, encouragement and affection as possible. Many visiting children have even returned to a church because the adults made him or her feel important. "Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD..." Psa. 127:1.
Please pray for and support and our Vacation Bible School.
Jesus, always Jesus!