“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy…; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart…” (Phil.1:3-6)
No words could convey my affection for my Milan church family better than those penned by the Apostle Paul to his beloved brethren in Philippi. Since my arrival ten years ago, many of you have gone the 2nd mile to make me feel welcome, wanted and at home. Although no preacher is indispensable, you continue to make me feel that I make a difference; and that is very important to preachers.
Below is a sampling of the things you do to make me feel needed and important:
· Your support and encouragement to my wonderful wife, Brenda.
· Your prayers for my marriage, ministry and health.
· Your complements on my lessons and Bible classes.
· Your concern and prayers for my son, my brother Bo (& wife) and my sister, Kathy.
· Your prayers for our safety when traveling.
· Your offers to increase my salary annually.
· Your gifts & special treats such as zucchini bread.
· Your encouraging notes, cards and text messages.
· Your warm hugs and loving embraces.
· Your invitations to join you or your family for special occasions.
· Your tolerating my deficiencies with nary a complaint.
· Your inspirational singing at our services.
· Your willingness to assist me in my ministry whenever possible.
· And much more…
As preacher of the Milan church of Christ, I feel that I’m the most blessed minister on earth. You make me feel that way. I will always thank God for YOU!
Jesus, always, Jesus!