“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy…; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart…” (Phil.1:3-6)
No words could convey my affection for our Milan church family any better than those penned by the Apostle Paul to his brethren in Philippi. Since my arrival 15 years ago, many of you have gone the 2nd mile to make me feel welcome, wanted and needed. Despite my mistakes, failings and omissions, you still make me feel that I make a difference.
Below is a small sampling of the things you do to make this preacher feel wanted and needed:
· Your support and encouragement to my wife, Brenda.
· Your prayers for my marriage, ministry and health.
· Your complements on my lessons and Bible classes.
· Your concern and prayers for my son, my brother Bo (& Carma) and my sister, Kathy.
· Your prayers for our safety when traveling.
· Your countless gifts, as well as treats such as candy bars, fresh corn, homemade jams, meatloaf, pumpkin & zucchini bread, diet Mt. Dew and much more.
· Your encouraging notes & cards and text messages.
· Your warm handshakes & hugs.
· Your invitations to join you or your family for special occasions.
· Your tolerating my deficiencies.
· Your inspirational singing at our services.
· Your patience while listening to my lessons.
As the minister for the Milan church of Christ, I am the most blessed preacher on earth. Which is why I constantly thank God for you.
A Recommitted Me in 2023!