1. ACKNOWLEDGE THAT VIEWING PORNOGRAPHIC MATERIAL IS SINFUL.
· The Bible contains numerous passages that fundamentally condemn the viewing of
· Jesus said, "…whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery
with her in his heart…” [Mt. 5:28]
· Paul warned, "…the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication,
UNCLEANNESS (worldly or immoral behavior), LEWDNESS (acts connected with illicit lust)…” [Gal. 5:19]
2. ADMIT YOUR ADDICTION.
· No problem can be solved unless one first admits that a problem exists.
· Due to pride, less than 20% of porn addicts admit that they are addicted. This partially
explains why many continue this vile practice.
· How do you know if you're addicted? If you have earnestly tried to quit 3 (or more) times
without success, you are likely addicted.
3. CONFESS YOUR ADDICTION TO GOD.
· "He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them
will have mercy.." [Pro. 28:13]
· “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from
all unrighteousness.” [1 Jn. 1:9]
4. DON'T PLAY THE BLAME GAME.
· Many attempt to justify, excuse or down play their addictions by blaming others.
· Only a small percentage of those that continually blame others experience long-tern success
in defeating addiction.
· The more one focuses on WHO is to blame, the less attention he or she will give to the
REAL problem – ADDICTION.
5. COMMIT TO OVERCOMING YOUR ADDICTION, NO MATTER WHAT.
· Addictions are tenacious, adversely affecting a person's life, and possibly jeopardizing
· Defeating an addiction requires determined, persistent commitment.
· ECCL 9:10 “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with ALL of your MIGHT.”
TO BE CONTINUED…
Jesus, always Jesus!