1. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IS AIMED PRIMARILY AT THOSE WHO ARE THE MOST RECEPTIVE TO GOD’S WORD – CHILDREN.According to a Barna research study, approximately 50% of all those that obey the gospel do so by the age of 15. “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them…” Mark 10:14.
2. VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL IS A GREAT OUTREACH OPPORTUNITY. On average, 25% of the children that attend come from un-churched homes. These kids (and their parents) deserve to hear the gospel of Christ. Vacation Bible School gives them that opportunity. “…faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” Rom. 10:17.
3. KIDS LOVE VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. They eagerly anticipate the singing, games, prizes, classes, crafts, snacks and friends. At the same time, they learn more about God’s word, great people of faith (like Noah) and much more. “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it” Prov. 22:6.
4. VBS ALLOWS OUR CHILDREN TO SPEND EXTRA TIME TOGETHER. As our children grow it is vital that they develop close friendships within the church. Their future faithfulness may depend upon such relationships. “…exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching” Heb. 10:25.
5. VBS GIVES ADULTS THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENCOURAGE OUR CHILDREN. Since our children are the FUTURE of the church, it is imperative that we adults provide them with as much attention, encouragement and affection as possible. Countless children have been known to return because one or more adults made him or her feel special!
Please pray daily for our Vacation Bible School, our teachers (& assistants) and for the CHILDREN!
Jesus, always Jesus!