As we approach what has been called “the most scriptural of holidays" – Thanksgiving, it is only appropriate that I thank YOU, the wonderful members of the Milan Church of Christ. Since my arrival 13 years ago, many of you have gone the second mile to make me feel appreciated, needed and loved.
Below are a few examples of the things you do to show me that I make a difference as your preacher.
- Your support and encouragement to my wife, Brenda.
- Your prayers for my marriage, ministry and health.
- Your complements on my lessons and Bible classes.
- Your concern and prayers for my son Dennis II, my brother Jim (& his wife) and my
- Your prayers for our safety when we are traveling.
- Special gifts & treats (such as Christmas sweets, corn on the cob, jams, Zucchini &
- Your encouraging notes, cards and calls.
- Your warm handshakes and loving embraces.
- Your invitations to join you (or your family) for special occasions.
- Your willingness to tolerate my failings with few complaints.
- Your willingness to assist me in my ministry whenever needed.
- And much more…
As your preacher, I’m one of the most blessed men on earth. Thank you for making me feel that way.
“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy…; just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart…” (Phil.1:3-6)
Jesus, always, Jesus!