As indicated in my previous article, SMALL changes can have a BIG IMPACT on our lives in 2023. Below are 5 additional tips that will help ensure that we have the best 2023 possible.
6. Begin each day by listening to God! Do so by reading or listening to the Bible. Nothing will so effectively help us to cope with the challenges of life as God's word. Job said, “I have treasured the words of His mouth more than my necessary food” (Job 23:12b). Jesus said, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God” (Mt. 4:4).
7. Take time to meditate on God’s words. “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night” (Psa. 1:1-2). After hearing or reading from the Bible, take a few minutes to let the words sink in. Better yet, discuss them with family members. Don’t be like the masses that “read & run”.
8. Spend more time with Christians. “Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another DAILY, while it is called "Today," lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin" (Heb 3:12-13). The more time we spend with other Christians the easier it will be for us to “recommit” to God in 2023.
9. Pray for one lost soul daily. The apostle Paul wrote, “Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge” (Rom 10:1-2). Paul could not help but pray for lost souls of which he was aware. Determine to do the same. Ask God to use you in some way to help direct lost souls to Christ!
10. Increase your giving. Jesus said, “Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom (Luke 6:38). Paul added, “…he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully” (2 Cor. 9:6). Increasing your weekly contribution by even a dollar or two will help the church and bring you a return from God!
A Recommitted Me in 2023!