We've all heard of filthy 4-letter words, but none compare to the dreaded 3-letter word, SIN. Essentially it means to "miss the mark"; ultimately it means to disobey God. Regardless of our best efforts, we all commit sin - Rom. 3:23. The effects and consequences are horrific.
- Like a chameleon, sin is frequently camouflaged.
- Like a termite, sin destroys from within.
- Like a weed, sin spreads quickly and takes over everything.
- Like a virus, sin wreaks havoc with everyone it infects.
- Like cancer, sin infects, consumes and kills.
- Like a lion, sin acts invincible.
- Like intoxicants and illicit drugs, sin offers temporary pleasure.
- Like a wall, sin severs relationships with God and men.
To make matters worse, sin lurks everywhere. It exists on our televisions, computers and smart phones. It inhabits our living rooms, schoolrooms, workplaces and businesses. It is even present in our church buildings.
There is only one cure for sin. God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die a horrific death on the cross to pay the price for our sins - 1 Cor. 15:3. While dying, He shed His blood to cleanse us from our sins - Eph 1:7. But we must accept Jesus by faith and submission to His will. Do you believe in Jesus – John 3:16? Have you repented - Mark 1:15? Have you been baptized into Christ - Romans 6:3? Why not receive the Cure and be free from of the stain of sin today?
Jesus, always Jesus!